Thread: Mysterious City of Gold/Belle and Sebastian

Thanks
    Does anyone remember the Mysterious City of Gold or Belle and Sabastian cartoons from the 1980s. If so, can anyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me find tapes of episodes of these cartoons.

Ive searched for ages for them but cant find them. Please help me!!

Thanks
    I am also on a crusade to find Mysterious city of gold videos.

Why cant these companies see that people want to see these old cartoons.

they have the lincences and KEEP THEM, the actually wont sell them meaning they effectivly destroy all chances of re release

tossers.

Thanks
    Here is the low down on the Cities of Gold problem ... there are no videos (in English). So tough luck ... there are videos available in French, but not English ... use anipike.com to visit various MCOG sites ... I happen to know one of them has all the episodes is .RAM format ... I know cause I watched them all ...

There is one avenue I didn't look into tho which is the BBC archive dept which stores everything it had ever shown, but I happen to know for a fact that the MCOG videos are not available now and I have a suspicion they were never available.

Thanks

MCOG was probably my favourite childhood cartoon itís certainly the one that stands out in my memory the best. Went looking for web sites on it about 6 months ago and these were probably the best two I found.

http://www.unity.f9.co.uk/mcog/index.html
    http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/drive/xxt78/index.htm

From these 2 you can find links to all sorts of MCOG related stuff. Some sites offer the whole series (taped on 8, 3 hour tapes I think), but I donít know anyone whoís bought them so I canít comment on the tapeís quality or reliability of the people behind them.

Oh and hereís the theme tune, ( http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/drive/...udio/theme.zip ) I couldnít believe how familiar it sounded even though itís been over 15 years and I was only 5 at the time. Even my whole family instantly recognised it and they never watched the show.

Thanks
    Was Belle and Sebatian that cartoon about a little fugitive boy and a big white shaggy dog running away from lots of people? If so, i do remember it, but I've got no idea where you could get them from.

I've been looking for the first My little Pony ( it was great! ) video for ages but no joy... there's hardly any 80's kids videos available. I've been looking at car boot sale tho, and there's always loads there, I've had quite a few old favourites from them (and a couple of tenchi muyo vids )

If you get any joy on retailers, let me know

--Luu

http://www.minkee.co.uk
    luminkee@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Ahh i remember all of them
    Especially Sabastian, but i'm fuked if i can remember where i saw it

BTW since we're talking about old vids, any1 know where i can get "Warriors of the wind" or "Nausicaa of the valley of the wind" as it was orignially called
    Classic film but i can't get it anyway nowadays
    RA-DEL 707 | =BeF=DEL 707 | [BLITZ] - The people behind the smile
    Evil Jigglypuffs little room
    RA/FSA Server IP : 195.149.21.101:27035| Password : Gimps

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more fu*ked up then you think"

Thread Information