Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask me anything about 'Aliens'...

Thanks
    Hi. I'm over from the Counter-Strike forum.

After proving my knowledge of the Aliens series of films over there, they suggested that maybe one of you lot cousd tax me.

So, here it is... Ask anything about the aliens story, science facts, characters, anything from the films or the books or whatever (I'm not that good on anything to do with the making of the films) and I'll answer it.

Go on, try me!

-The Alien Sage

Thanks
    why was ressurection so poor????
    just kidding, i will think of a proper question in a minute
    The wonderful Film Forum! If you like films, click here!

"in this world there's 2 kinds of people my friend,those with loaded guns
    and those who dig....you dig."

Thanks
    what was the alien queens maiden name????

Thanks
    She wouldn't have one - she doesn't mate to reproduce.

NEXT!

Thanks
    whats did pharaoh (the pilot) have scrawled on her helmet?

what would ripley break if she didnt slow the APC down?

and finally what was hudsons reaction on witnessing the crash of the drop ship??

Thanks
    I obviously can't type as fast as Flying Nun, though...

[Edited by [COF-HS]Grim... on 13-12-2000 at 04:50 PM]

Thanks
    Originally posted by soulessminion oforthadoxy
    whats did pharaoh (the pilot) have scrawled on her helmet?

what would ripley break if she didnt slow the APC down?

and finally what was hudsons reaction on witnessing the crash of the drop ship??
    1. don't know
    2. was it the transaxel?
    3. thats great now what are we gonna do we are screwed man!

cant be sure cos' it's a longtime since i've seen it.

the anticipation of death is worse than death itself!

=BeF=NUN[ADMIN FOR HIRE]

DoD central forums

Thanks
    1 Fly the friendly skies
    2 She had blown the Transaxle (Hicks : "Ripley! You've blown the trans-axle! You're just grinding metal! Ease down...)
    3 That's just great. That's just ******** great man! Now what the hell are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty **** now, man!

[Edited by soulessminion oforthadoxy on 13-12-2000 at 04:54 PM]

Thanks
    P.S. Farrow, not Pharoh

Thanks
    Doesn't have to be from the Film 'Aliens', btw, can be anything, average height of an alien, differences between drones and warriors, what was the code-word send to destroy the aliens on Earth...

Come on!

Thanks
    what was the planet in alien 3 called? (or the colony)

what model andriod was the guy in alien?

how many simulated drops had gorman had

where were the colonists located in aliens (where did the marines find them)

Thanks
    1 Fury (or Acheron)
    2 Hyperdine systems, 1-28D
    3 38
    4 Sub lever 3, under the main cooling towers (except for Rebecca Jordan, obv.)

Herts, England, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, SG9 0QR (just next to the bus stop).
    Thanks
    3. 38 - simulated.

Real? "One. Including this one."

Thanks
    Um... Actually it's "How many combat drops?"
    "Um... Two. Including this one"

I'm off home now, but I'll answer some more tomorrow!

Thanks
    heres some more questions

1. why is aliens so overrated?- it was boring!

2. how could ripley weld in space with no gas?

Thanks
    1) its not overated, i found it had excellent tension and a good cast. it was also very well shot.

2) good question.

Thanks
    1. i suppose it lacked impact for me as i hadnt seen alien and also i watched it at college so that may have lessened its impact, thus meaning i didnt give it a fair chance

2. i can take credit for this- a friend of mine brought it up in film studies

Thanks
    in Alien When Ripley and those 2 guys, are looking for the alien, they use the scanner to detect motion which then homes in on the cat. Which is inside a locker which is closed (you know it is closed because you hear them turn the latch to open it), how did the cat close the door after it gotten inside?

In the first film, is the adult alien meant to have acid blood? Riply fires her speargun style weapon into the creature and it produces a bit of a spray, but none of the metal melting damage seen from the face huggers fluids. Plus wouldn't the spear simply melt and fall out of the alien, rather than stay in tight whilst the creature is spinning on the end of a cable attached to it?

In the beginning of the movie we see an alien-egg. How did it get there? The Queen had lost her eggsack before she entered the spacecraft, and she wasn`t carrying any eggs. The spacecraft had not been in any other contact with the ground, so no eggs could possibly get there.????? According to Aliens, the alien race is totally extinct, and no sequel possible

Thanks
    Erm, the eggs were found on a derelict spaceship, so whats saying there aren't more derelict spaceships lying around?

But yeah, how did it get on board the ship?

Also, the planet in Alien 3 is called Fiorina 'Fury' 361, nicknamed because of its harsh conditions.

Can anybody say why the inmates were not required to go skinhead, but all did anyway?

Thanks
    1. What did the actor playing Vasquez wear during her screentake for the movie Aliens?

2. Where in the movie can you see from which weapon spent cases flying around whilst it's supposed to eat only caseless ammo?

3. What is the exact weapons ordnance that Hudson describes/brags about to Ripley in the dropship, and how exactly does Hudson say it?

4. How many bullets went into the sentry guns that were supposed to block off the entry point in the tunnel in Aliens, and what settings did Hicks set them in before they left the sentry guns behind?

5. How many paintjobs did the stargazer model in the Alien movie have when Ridley Scott shot his first scenes involving this model?

6. What is the maximum speed for that dropship in Aliens?

7. Which movie uses the exact same computer sequence that the Nostromo computer displays on the computer screen in Alien?

8. Who was the classmate of the screenwriter for the Alien movie?

9. Who, early in preproduction, famous for another alien role, was considered to wear the alien suit first in Alien?

10. what are the navigational coordinates for the planetiod in Alien?

11. What was the milky white fluid that runs through Bishops veins in Aliens made out of?

12. Which other actor did Ridley Scott have in mind for the role of Dallas in Alien?

Oh, and the name of the pilot is Ferro, and actually, Fero in latin means carry.

Most of them are easy, but if you are an expert on the alien films, you should know.

Thanks
    Why was the scene with the alien bursting out of burke's stomach, never added to the film?

Thanks
    what do aliens do on their weekend off?
    what do they like for tea?
    can they play golf?

the anticipation of death is worse than death itself!

=BeF=NUN[ADMIN FOR HIRE]

DoD central forums

Thanks
    Right. Loads of questions. Goodie

1. What did the actor playing Vasquez wear during her screentake for the movie Aliens?
    2. Where in the movie can you see from which weapon spent cases flying around whilst it's supposed to eat only caseless ammo?
    3. What is the exact weapons ordnance that Hudson describes/brags about to Ripley in the dropship, and how exactly does Hudson say it?
    4. How many bullets went into the sentry guns that were supposed to block off the entry point in the tunnel in Aliens, and what settings did Hicks set them in before they left the sentry guns behind?
    5. How many paintjobs did the stargazer model in the Alien movie have when Ridley Scott shot his first scenes involving this model?
    6. What is the maximum speed for that dropship in Aliens?
    7. Which movie uses the exact same computer sequence that the Nostromo computer displays on the computer screen in Alien?
    8. Who was the classmate of the screenwriter for the Alien movie?
    9. Who, early in preproduction, famous for another alien role, was considered to wear the alien suit first in Alien?
    10. what are the navigational coordinates for the planetiod in Alien?
    11. What was the milky white fluid that runs through Bishops veins in Aliens made out of?
    12. Which other actor did Ridley Scott have in mind for the role of Dallas in Alien?
    1. Not a clue. I've only met her once and I didn't ask her I don't even know what a screentake is!
    2. Every time a pulse rifle is fired, but most clearly when Vasquez is in the air duct near the end.
    3.Independently targetting particle-beam phalanx. ZAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart-missles, phased-plasma pulse-rifles, RPG's. We got sonic eeelectronic ballbreakers, we got nukes, we got knives...sharp sticks...
    4. 250 each. Um, Hicks didn't set them. Hudson did, to "Armed"
    5. I don't know.
    6. According to the 'Colonial Marines Manual', just over Mach 6 in atmosphere, just over mach 9 in space.
    7. I've spotted it before, because something uses the same noise as well. Is it Robocop (blatent guess)
    8. Don't know
    9. Don't know
    10. The beacon was at quadrant points QBR 157, 052.
    11. Don't know
    12. Don't know (But then those questions have nothing to do with the aliens story...)

The prisoners all went skin-head because of a flesh-eating bug that lives in hair. Dylan kept his dreadlock, though.

Welders have come a long way in the future. But I've got to ask... When did Ripely weld in a 0-atmosphere?

The queen most probably had one of her workers bring some eggs up to the drop-ship. This is pretty unlikley, I know, but don't blame it on Fincher, Cameron was the one who came up with the idea of an egg on board the Sulaco. If you listen right to the end of the credits in Aliens, you can hear the chains in the mess hall clinking, and then the sound of an alien face-hugger moving.
    Also, the queen doesn't need her egg-sac to lay eggs, but she can't lay nearly as many without one. It's possible that she laid it herself.

Finally, the alien race isn't extinct, in fact it got to Earth not long after Alien3.

There. Nice one.
    Any more?

Thanks
    Oh yeah...

Originally posted by the flying nun
    what do aliens do on their weekend off?
    what do they like for tea?
    can they play golf?
    Oddly enough, I can actually answer these accuratly.

If the Aliens had a weekend off they would spend it in hibernation.
    They like large, cow-like creatures found on their homeworld.
    Yes. If they can shoot guns, then they can play golf. They're very bad at both, though.

Thanks
    1. Actually, I don't know precisely what she was dressed in, but only in a general sense. Thought it was basical knowledge, cause it even shows up in the IMDB. Fact is that the joke they make about vasquez joining up because she thought they meant illegal aliens is quite true. For her audition, she came with make up, lots of hair, nice dress, totally looking like an illegal alien type. She somehow noticed her interpretation of the title Aliens was somewhat wrong when she saw all those women there who also wanted to try out in military fatigues and close cropped hair. She still got the part though.

2. Vasquez was the one I was looking for in this answer basically.

3. completely correct.

4. Good point, Hudson did; he also selected IFF for Identify Friend Foe I seem to remember.

5. This was a rather hard question I admit. It had nearly one paintjob. See, the point was, Giger was one hell of a perfectionist and took a long long time to finish everything. At one point Ridley Scott had been held up for ages because Giger tried to touch up this and that, and had only just started painting the stargazer. Giger came close to finishing 1 layer when Scott decided it was enough and just got Giger off the set and started to film the scene he needed to film. This of course with all due respect, but Scott just couldn't get behind on schedule any more. Giger was very pissed naturally, and got on with painting after the shots were done, so that's also the reason why, if you'd watch closely, the colouring of the stargazer differs slightly in all the scenes that have the model in them. I know this from someone who's even more of a filmfreak than I am (he's even part of the 70mm preservation society FAFAIK) and thought it interesting to see if others had picked it up.

6. completely right, I've read the manual as well (though don't own it).

7. Bladerunner. It shows on Gaffs screen in his spinner. This is also listed in the IMDB under Bladerunner trivia I think.

8. John Carpenter.

9. Peter Mayhew. (I think this is also stated somewhere in the Aliens calender of 1999 as trivia, but I might be mistaken)

10. correct.

11. Milk and Yoghurt if I remember correctly. Seems that it really bugged the actor playing Bishop as well, since the people who stirred it fixed it in the morning and would leave it happily going sour all day long, which meant that those scenes where he had to spew out the liquid were really gross.

12. Harrison Ford actually. Since that didn't happen, Ridley made it up to him in his next movie, Bladerunner.

As to some of the questions having nothing to do with the Aliens story, well, it is to be expected. This is a films forum, not an aliens forum, so you're bound to get trivia questions that are film related, not purely aliens related.

As a bonus question, one which is actually answerable because it is on tape (and I think there are pictures somewhere on the web); what do aliens like better, Cola or Pepsi?

Thread Information