HOW TO: Getting Quake2 To Work on 2K/XP + Patch Guide
There a few issues when it comes to installing Quake2 on a NT based operating system. Therefor a different approach is needed.
A complete how to guide for installing quake2 on 2K/XP.
The instructions below are for manually installing the game as the installer does not function on 2K/XP,
1) Click on START / Run / and type the following CMD and press enter.
2) In the DOS Session type the following:
cd\(press the Enter key)
md quake2 (press the Enter key)
cd\quake2 (press the Enter key)
xcopy d:\install\data\*.* /s/e/v (press the Enter key)
3) After it's done copying the files, type "Exit" and then press the Enter key. You should now be back in Windows.
4) Now Double-click on the My Computer icon, then your C: drive and then the "Quake2" folder.
5) Right-click on the file called: Quake2.exe from the menu that pops up, choose "Copy".
6) Now close all the windows and right-click on the Desktop of Windows and select "Paste Shortcut".
10) To run Quake 2, double-click on the "Shortcut to Quake2" icon.
Right now that we have the game installed it's time to patch it!
You will need to download the following patch. Q2-3.20-x86-full-ctf.exe
[FTP Download Link]
[HTTP Download Link]
Once downloaded run the installer. And hit the Unzip button!
The extractor will copy all the relevant files for you.
Once that has finished close the installer.
Congratulations! You have now installed Quake2 and succefully patched on 2K/XP!
Hmm i have nothing logical to put here.