Hello everyone. This may be the last update of Untold Tales Of Tolkien II for 2009 - there may be others, all depending on number of reports recieved, urgency and time. It's been a turbulent year, but certainly a much more proactive and promising one than 2008. Thank you to all who have stuck around, returned or stumbled upon us on your server hunt - your interest, support and loyalty is greatly valued and this will be rewarded, I can assure you.
Please also can I draw your attentions to our small team of DMs who have helped hold things together with their events and building work (particularly Roac) - without that support, I wouldnt not have been able to maintain things by myself. Keeping our community and project alive for the forseeable future is going to require a lot of investment of time and effort. At times it may seem that things are staying the same, or decisions are being made with only self-regard at heart. This could never be further from the truth. I seek to develop a sustainable game for us all to enjoy well into the future and to provide DMs with the tools to organise even greater events. I want the project to be structured in such a way that fellow builders in the future can learn and also more easily produce high standard work, that you all expect to see here.
I had planned to mention all this and more in something I need to announce very soon, so I will spare you all of any further ramblings for the time being.
So, the updates: (live as of next reset)
- The dungeon area for the quest from Mr Tomlin in Esgaroth should now load up once the conversation option is chosen.
-The fruit seller in Esgaroth now sells, er, fruit!
- Any evil character with old dol guldur tokens may request a DM to swap them out for the new equivalent. (DMs:The token numbers run up in quest order)
- Some instances of multiple boss NPC spawn-ins during forochel campaign 2 chapters 5 and 6 have been investigated and fixed (hopefully)
- Issue with a certain NPC in above campaign, chapter 7 not spawning in fixed.
- Voisiol spellcaster/melee AI adjusted to encourage more varied swordplay/magic
- Voisiols bodyguards increased to 6